[openib-general] [BUG]driver didn't accept ARP reply packet

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Wed Jun 29 21:55:01 PDT 2005

Shirley wrote,
>Now I am adding a permanent arp entry to avoid this problem. It seems
to work fine.
Oops, I was wrong, it stopped to receive any packets.

When this happens, if you reset the switch, does the node resume
accepting packets ?

I have seen a similar problem (only once or twice) where sometimes a
node stops receiving IPoIB packets. I cannot ping other nodes or ping
that node
from another.
When I then reset the switch, it seems that things started to work
again.
I was not able to reproduce the problem, so I thought it might be
a flaky switch, but it sounds somewhat similar to the problem
I saw.

woody