[openib-general] Problem when trying to compile management and libibverb

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Mar 4 07:00:17 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 09:46, Marc von Wyl wrote:
> I get some troubles when trying to install the openib userspace gen2...
>
> When I try to compile the management part in
> gen2/trunk/src/userspace/management/libibcommon after the autogen and
> configure part I get an error with the Makefile :
> make[2]: rpath : command not found
> It seems that the LINK variable has no value (I tried with ld and
> ./libtool --mode=link gcc -g but still nothing...).
>
> And for the libibverb part, using autogen configure and make too, I get :
> make: *** No rule to make target  src/libibverbs.la , necessary for
> all-am . Stop

Not sure I totally follow what you did. I presume you followed the
instructions in management/README and ran autogen.sh and configure in
the library directories to generate your makefiles before running make.

If so, not sure why LINK would not be defined. It gets generated in my
Makefile as:
LINK = $(LIBTOOL) --mode=link $(CCLD) $(AM_CFLAGS) $(CFLAGS) \
        $(AM_LDFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@
where
CCLD = $(CC)

Have you built this before or is this the first time ?

What distribution are you using ?

Can you send your Makefile which was generated for one of these
libraries ?

Thanks.