[openib-general] Re: [RFC] userspace CM/verbs QP

Libor Michalek libor at topspin.com
Mon Mar 7 15:11:31 PST 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 01:26:19PM -0800, Sean Hefty wrote:
> Libor Michalek wrote:
> > Sean, I'm not sure there's an easy way to perform a port source GID
> > to device lookup, did you have something specific in mind for the
> > lookup? Unless there's an easy way to do this, I was going to go ahead
> > with #1...
>
> There's a device_list maintained in device.c that's used when
> ib_register_client() is called to report all available devices to a
> client.  My thinking was to make this list available to cache.c for use
> calling a function such as ib_get_cached_gid().

  OK, that does make sense. There's no other reason to stick with
solution #1, since getting the device was the only remaining reason
to use the QP. So I'm in favor of going with solution #2 and passing
in the necessary values directly. This solution also decreases the
number of module dependencies, which is always nice.

-Libor