[openib-general] Re: [RFC] userspace CM/verbs QP

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Mar 8 10:21:11 PST 2005

Libor Michalek wrote:
>>There's a device_list maintained in device.c that's used when
>>ib_register_client() is called to report all available devices to a
>>client.  My thinking was to make this list available to cache.c for use
>>calling a function such as ib_get_cached_gid().
>

>   OK, that does make sense. There's no other reason to stick with
> solution #1, since getting the device was the only remaining reason
> to use the QP. So I'm in favor of going with solution #2 and passing
> in the necessary values directly. This solution also decreases the
> number of module dependencies, which is always nice.

Roland, do you have a preference for exposing the device_list and
device_sem in device.c?  I can put ib_get_cached_gid() directly in
device.c, but that separates the caching functions.  I could also
change cache.c to maintain its own device list, which encapsulates the
changes more, but duplicates the list.