[openib-general] Port of NetPIPE-3.6.2 to OpenIB userspace ve rbs

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu Mar 17 09:28:09 PST 2005

    Grant> Troy, in order to use MSI or MSI-X, you need 3.3.2
    Grant> firmware.  And in case it's not obvious, expect best perf
    Grant> with MSI-X if you platform supports it.  Either msflint or
    Grant> tvflash should work for upgrading the cards.

I don't think MSI is supported by Linux on ppc64 right now.  In fact I
don't think you can even select CONFIG_PCI_MSI.

I'm not sure what ppc64 hardware can even do MSI.  For example IBM
JS20 blades use the AMD 8131 for their PCI-X bridge, and we know that
part doesn't support MSI.  I believe Apple G5 hardware uses the same
chip for its PCI-X slots.  On the other hand, all I see from lspci on
a p630 system is

    PCI bridge: IBM: Unknown device 0188 (rev 02)

so who knows what that might do?

 - R.