[openib-general] How come the CM doesn't implement the state machine?

Mark Seuss mark_seuss at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 22:39:31 PST 2005

I have a basic question about the CM. It looks like the gen2 CM doesn't implement the CM state machine as defined in the IB spec. It doesn't perform retransmissions, handle timeouts, etc. Is the current CM API intended as the final API, or is this just an intermediate step on the way to implementing a full CM such as the gen1 CM?