[openib-general] BUG ipoib oops in iptables/netfilter

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Tue Mar 29 06:51:20 PST 2005

This is just a conjecture, but I see ipt_ulog_packet in your crash
stack trace.  Looking at the source to ipt_ulog_packet, I see that it
can access skb->mac.raw.  Prior to Hal's patch, which I just checked
in today, skb->mac.raw was never initialized and hence could point off
into space.  So this could be causing the oops.

It would be worth updating your ipoib driver to the latest svn and
seeing if you can still reproduce the crash.

BTW I'm not sure running traffic through netfilter is going to give
you the best possible performance.

 - R.