[openib-general] Re: BUG ipoib oops in iptables/netfilter

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Wed Mar 30 12:10:06 PST 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 10:47:53AM -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
> There are a couple of places in mthca that use __attribute__((packed))
> structs in the data path.  x86/x86-64/ppc64 can generate good code for
> this but on ia64 it's a disaster.  I'm going to look at fixing that,
> probably early next week.

Are you thinking of adding "get_unaligned()" or something else?

I assume this is related to the performance issues and not
the original bug. If so, then posting details that you know
to ia64-linux mailing list will get the right people involved.
I'm on that list and can followup if people have suggestions
that need to be tested.

thanks,
grant