[openib-general] Re: BUG ipoib oops in iptables/netfilter

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Wed Mar 30 12:11:53 PST 2005

    Grant> Are you thinking of adding "get_unaligned()" or something else?

Just fixing the structs so they get the correct layout without any
monkey business.

    Grant> I assume this is related to the performance issues and not
    Grant> the original bug. If so, then posting details that you know
    Grant> to ia64-linux mailing list will get the right people
    Grant> involved.  I'm on that list and can followup if people have
    Grant> suggestions that need to be tested.

I think I understand the problem, it's just a matter of fixing the
code up to avoid the bogus stuff.  Just compare the ia64 assembly for
the functions c() and d() in the code:

   struct foo { int a; };
   struct bar { int b; } __attribute__((packed));

   int c(struct foo *x) { return x->a; }
   int d(struct bar *x) { return x->b; }

 - R.