[openib-general] OpenSM work Q1 + Apr.

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Wed May 4 13:38:24 PDT 2005

> On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 13:51, Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> >      1. Irresponsive port scanning during light sweep - Allow the SM
> >         to recognize ports that were not responding in the first sweep
> >         (but had a link state that is not down).
>
> This sounds like the bad port handling algorithm we bashed on this list.
> Is it ?
[EZ] It is solving exactly the opposite phenomenon:
Your proposal was to solve a case (I still did not see a log showing it is
really happening) where OpenSM is continuously polling a non responsive
port.
While this solution is for the reverse problem where OpenSM totally ignores
an Irresponsive Port after the first sweep is done - not giving it a chance
to join the fabric even if it started to respond later.