[openib-general] in need of a simple ulp

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu May 5 18:08:21 PDT 2005

Jeff Carr wrote:
> Does your CM test module actually transfer data? I've set it up and run
> it; it runs fine, but when I put some data in the test.mem buffer, the
> test.mem buffer on the client never changes.

In theory, yes.  Though I've never verified the data.  Note that the code
uses a single data buffer for the sends and receives, so it can get overwritten.

> Am I looking in the wrong place for where in memory the actual message
> is allocated and where it actually ends up? As far as I could tell
> that's what it seemed like you intended test.mem for.

You're looking in the right place.

I'll add some code to format the data and verify that it is making it to the
remote side, and see if I can track down any problems.  (This will need to
wait until tomorrow for me though...)