[openib-general] Gen2 test suites

Matt Leininger mlleinin at hpcn.ca.sandia.gov
Wed May 18 00:08:09 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 15:26 -0700, Shirley Ma wrote:

> > Community help or a testsuite? ;)
> Of course testsuites :-).
>
> I am setting up two blaze servers for nightly build and regression
> test. There are some tests and utilities in Gen2 stack already. If you
> have any nice opensouce test suites, I am glad to integrate them.
>
> Please give me any advice on what kind of tests you are interested in.

  Sandia, LANL, and LLNL are very interested in an automated test suite
for OpenIB.  Sandia and LANL have four IB clusters that could be used
for running the test suite.   These mid-sized cluster testbeds range
between 128-256 nodes [ 138 (x86), 128 (EM64T), 128 (x86), and 256
(Opteron) ].  I have a few PPC970 nodes we could use as well.  An
automated way to do nightly functionality and performance testing of
OpenIB is a great way to provide feedback to developers and other folks
in the OpenIB community.

  What are you using the run the tests?  Your own scripts? Something
else?

  Thanks,

  - Matt