[openib-general] CM private data

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed May 18 14:29:33 PDT 2005

James Lentini wrote:
> If future CM users aren't aware of this, they are bound use this feature
> and encounter hard to find bugs.
>
> Did you consider using asserts to detect when clients uses unimplemented
> parts of the API?

I did consider adding a failure if private data is sent in the MRA, DREP, or
RTU.  But I first want to know if any current applications are using private
data for those messages.

There is a subtle issue with the current retransmission mechanism that I
need to fix that brought this to my attention, and if private data is
needed, then I will just fix that now as well.