[openib-general] [HELP] Encounter Kernel Panic when Add MellanoxHCA Supporting on 2.6.9 Kernel

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Tue May 24 11:11:06 PDT 2005

I just tried the latest svn on 2.6.11 with CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK
turned on, and I didn't see any problems.  The message

    driver/infiniband/hw/mthca/mthca_allocator.c: 46: spin_is_locked on uninitialized spinlock: f70f7dac

is coming from CHECK_LOCK, which is turned on with
CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK.  However there should be more traceback
information printed to the console as well... did that get dumped as
well?

    Bob> Roland, has anything been fixed since the 2.6.12 drop in
    Bob> mthca that could account for this panic ?

Not that I know of...

 - R.