[openib-general] [HELP] Encounter Kernel Panic when Add MellanoxHCA Supporting on 2.6.9 Kernel

Bob Woodruff robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Tue May 24 08:26:03 PDT 2005

Lenber wrote,
> Here is the error message of rebooting: "

> Starting udev:

> Initializing hardware ... Storage, network, audio Kernel Panic - not

> syncing   driver/infiniband/hw/mthca/mthca_allocator.c: 46: spin_is_locked
on
> uninitialized spinlock: f70f7dac

These patches were based on the code that is in 2.6.12-rc. I have to admit
I did not try them on IA32, I only tested on Itanium and EM64T.
I can also try to set up some IA32 machines today or I can send you
newer patches based on SVN2425 that I have tested on EM64T on Redhat EL4.0.

Roland, has anything been fixed since the 2.6.12 drop in mthca that could
account for this panic ?

woody