[Rdma-developers] Re: [openib-general] OpenIB and OpenRDMA: Convergence on common RDMA APIs and ULPs for Linux

Venkata Jagana jagana at us.ibm.com
Thu May 26 08:25:22 PDT 2005

rdma-developers-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on 05/26/2005 04:33:46
AM:

> On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 11:20:14PM -0700, Venkata Jagana wrote:
> > I would like to really understand the technical reasons why you say
> > RNIC-PI is irrelevant to Linux kernel.
> > RNIC-PI is developed to support not only the RNICs  but it is also IB
> > compatible. This interface is
> > something that is developed just like the  open source process but with
> > much broader community effort
>
> No, it's not.  It's developed by an industry consortium that lacks any
> taste.

OpenRDMA community is actively involved in the development of this
specification.
Of course, your critical review input is taken and responded to.

As always from Linux implementation standpoint, the implementation of this
PI
will evolve through open source community effort just like any other PI.

Thanks
Venkat