[Rdma-developers] Re: [openib-general] OpenIB and OpenRDMA: Convergence on common RDMA APIs and ULPs for Linux

Sukanta ganguly sganguly at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 06:40:43 PDT 2005

Venkata,
   How will that work? If the RNIC offloads RDMA and
TCP completely from the Operating System and does not
share any state information then the application
running on the host will never be in the position to
utilize the socket interface to use the communication
logic to send and receive data between the remote node
and itself. Some information needs to be shared. How
much of it and what exactly needs to be shared is the
question.

Thanks
SG

free.http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7402&alloc_id=16135&op=click