[Rdma-developers] Re: [openib-general] OpenIB and OpenRDMA: Convergence on common RDMA APIs and ULPs for Linux

Sukanta ganguly sganguly at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 10:25:36 PDT 2005

Mike,
   I am not sure I do understand what your were trying
to communicate. Let me try and decode this. My basic
point was to respond to Venkata's response about
complete offload without any interaction with the host
system. I disagree with that in its totality as I
think there are dependencies and that needs to be
specified in a formal manner, i.e. in the specs, so
that we do not have multiple proprietary interafaces
which change and application users have to change this
consumption based on individual implementations.
   And you just brought up the reasons why what I was
saying seemed to be justfied. Did I read that
correctly?

Thanks
SG

http://developer.yahoo.net/?fr=offad-ysdn-ostg-q22005