[openib-general] Problem compiling userspace driver.

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue May 31 08:09:58 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 10:59, Gleb Natapov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to compile libmthca but I get following error:
> src/mthca.c:101: error: unknown field `query_gid' specified in initializer
> src/mthca.c:101: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> src/mthca.c:102: error: unknown field `query_pkey' specified in initializer
> src/mthca.c:102: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

Also:
src/mthca.c:115: unknown field `attach_mcast' specified in initializer
src/mthca.c:115: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
src/mthca.c:115: warning: (near initialization for `mthca_ctx_ops')
src/mthca.c:116: unknown field `detach_mcast' specified in initializer
src/mthca.c:117: warning: excess elements in struct initializer

> Those fields indeed are missing in verbs.h.
>
> If I remove those two lines driver compiles but when I run ibv_devices I
> get:
> libibverbs: Warning: no userspace device-specific driver found for
> uverbs0
> driver search path: /home/glebn/OpenIB/install/lib/infiniband
>
> $ ls /home/glebn/OpenIB/install/lib/infiniband
> mthca.a  mthca.la  mthca.so

Did you modprobe ib_uverbs ?

-- Hal