[Rdma-developers] Re: [openib-general] OpenIB and OpenRDMA: Convergence on common RDMAAPIs and ULPs for Linux

Venkata Jagana jagana at us.ibm.com
Tue May 31 10:36:08 PDT 2005

Exactly, the code matters from Linux community standpoint
and the discussion around the convergence of common PI is
mute until we have that header file definition but which will come
out soon.

However, I am quite glad to see the OpenIB and
OpenRDMA communities in agreement on common
ULP's and DAPL/IT-API (even though, there are some
disagreements on these APIs).

Also, as you pointed out, I absolutely agree the differences between
Gen1 and Gen2 but which is exactly what I wanted to avoid
with OpenRDMA and rather start from a clean slate right from
the beginning through "opensource" fashion - basically,
don't want the code to be dumped by some corporate
developers.

Thanks
Venkat

rdma-developers-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on 05/31/2005 09:38:51