[openib-general] Re: [OpenSM] SA database query tool

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Wed Nov 2 12:57:45 PST 2005

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Hal Rosenstock wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 13:51, James Lentini wrote:
> > Hal,
> >
> > Is there an existing OpenIB tool that can query an SA's database using
> > MADs? Specifically, I want to retrieve all of the SA's service
> > records.
>
> The only current way is via ibis.

Is ibis in the OpenIB tree? I've seen it somewhere, but I can't
remember where.

> > If such a tool doesn't exist, where would you start writing one?
> > Would you layer it on top of libibmad?
>
> There are two approaches I can think of off the top of my head:
>
> 1. Support for this and other SA searches in the SM console
> 2. Be able to obtain these remotely via building on top of umad in some
> form (a real userspace SA client will likely be done in the not too
> distant future).

This sounds like a good approach since the tool could be used with
SM's other than OpenSM.

Is there an application in the OpenIB tree that is a good example
of how to use the umad library?

> What is the timeframe for this need ?

I'm thinking of debugging tools that would be useful for me at SC05.

> How formal do you need something in the interim ?

I don't need anything formal.