[openib-general] Re: [RFC] patch to export userspace to kernel QP attribute structure

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Nov 3 10:29:20 PST 2005

Roland Dreier wrote:
> Seems OK but maybe we should create a new file (uverbs_marshall.c?)

Sounds fine, but see below...

> I very carefully made ib_user_verbs.h a file that did not include any
> kernel internals and could be safely included from userspace.  So this
> needs to go in a different file (probably just ib_verbs.h is fine).

I have no problem moving this.  If the declaration goes in ib_verbs.h, should
the function just go in verbs.c (or a new file) and be included as part of
ib_core?  It just seems a little off to me to implement functions declared in a
single header file in separate modules.

Also, I'll need to do this with a path record as well.  I can either include the
routine as part of ib_sa, add a new module, ib_user_sa, or drop that call into
one of the existing ib_user_* modules.