[openib-general] Re: [RFC] patch to export userspace to kernel QP attribute structure

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Thu Nov 3 11:07:14 PST 2005

    Sean> I have no problem moving this.  If the declaration goes in
    Sean> ib_verbs.h, should the function just go in verbs.c (or a new
    Sean> file) and be included as part of ib_core?  It just seems a
    Sean> little off to me to implement functions declared in a single
    Sean> header file in separate modules.

We can easily create a new header for these declaration.  That's
probably the cleanest thing to do, although I can't come up with a
very good name for it right now, though....

    Sean> Also, I'll need to do this with a path record as well.  I
    Sean> can either include the routine as part of ib_sa, add a new
    Sean> module, ib_user_sa, or drop that call into one of the
    Sean> existing ib_user_* modules.

If it's just marshalling between user and kernel formats, I'd stick it
in uverbs_marshall.c.  But if there's going to be something
substantial then maybe it make sense to create a user SA module.

 - R.