[openib-general] Re: [RFC] patch to export userspace to kernel QP attribute structure

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Nov 3 12:45:04 PST 2005

Roland Dreier wrote:
> If it's just marshalling between user and kernel formats, I'd stick it
> in uverbs_marshall.c.  But if there's going to be something
> substantial then maybe it make sense to create a user SA module.

I added a three new files:

ib_marshall.h - defines the copy functions (kernel only)
ib_user_sa.h - defines the user path record (user/kernel)
uverbs_marshall.c - implements the copy functions

Any objection to doing something similar for libibverbs?  This would move sa.h
from libibat to libibverbs, which would allow libibcm and librdmacm to both
depend only on libibverbs.