[openib-general] libehca causes segfault when not physically present..

Christoph Raisch RAISCH at de.ibm.com
Fri Nov 4 02:32:27 PST 2005

The secret of 0036 was that we managed to build a driver which didn't work
in all cases.

I would guess in these changes

There are about ~80 lines of new code, rest of all that were modifications
which don't change any algorithm but are desperately needed to be kernel
coding style compliant:
That's the mostly complete list what we've changed
removing+renaming already existing assembly macros in ehca_asm.h
changed the ehca_module pointer to a ehca_module struct
removed EHCA_MEMPAGESIZE
replaced quite a lot of typedef struct by struct
capitalize DEFINES, changed most struct members to small letters
replaced all ehca_retcode_t by u64
replaced the  ehca_sleep() by appropriate kernel function
replaced the assert() by BUG_ON()
replaced ntohd()
some naming and comment cleanup on struct hcp_modify_qp_control_block

Roland, in case you're missing some some changes in there, we'll add these
to one of the next releases to seperate the
coding style cleanups from the functional changes.

Gruss / Regards . . . Christoph R.