[openib-general] Problem in patching 2.6.9 kernel

Jack Morgenstein jackm at mellanox.co.il
Tue Nov 8 23:56:16 PST 2005

at URL
https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/backport/2.6.9/

look at file core_3935_to_2_6_9.patch, and take the patch hunk for:
	latest/drivers/infiniband/core/uverbs_main.c

This hunk addresses the "get_sb_pseudo" issue.  The hunk should be OK at your SVN revision, too.
Note that you may get a "symbol redefined" warning as a result of the patch -- ignore it.
(the warning arises from kernel include files, which do not define the function as "static").

The basic problem was that in kernel 2.6.9, this function was not exported to the kernel's symbol table.

Jack