[openib-general] Announce: preview RPMs for FC-4 and RHEL-4 available

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Wed Nov 16 11:28:29 PST 2005

Thomas Moschny wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 November 2005 02:04, Doug Ledford wrote:
>
>>I have initial RPM support for both of these releases available for
>>use/testing.
>

> Thanks for providing the rpms!
>

>>If you try these out and have any problems, please email me directly
>>(and feel free to Cc: the list) for more immediate responses.
>

> Unfortunately, we got an kernel-oops on ia64 (rhel4) ...
> The boot log is attached.
>
> - Thomas

OK, so it oopsed in ib_umad_init.  I'll look into it.  It works fine on
i686 and x86_64 (in my testing anyway).  Right now, the
modprobe.conf.dist file uses a big hammer to put all the core modules
into the kernel whenever we load anything.  You might be able to get
further in testing by either excluding the umad module until after mthca
is loaded or something similar to that.  If you try any of that, let me
know the results (I currently don't have ia64 hardware to test on,
working on rectifying that).

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
http://people.redhat.com/dledford