[openib-general] rdma_listen() backlog parameter

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Nov 16 16:55:44 PST 2005

Tom Tucker wrote:
> I was just speaking with one of the Mellanox guys at the booth and he
> said that there is a parameter that performs a similar function to the
> TCP backlog that is set in the MAD message used to advertise the service
> point. He couldn't remember the name, but said I should post it to this
> group as a question.

I'm not familiar with this, but if it's only for advertising, then the
implementation would still need to enforce it.

> WRT the CMA: I think this parameter is just an attribute of the
> service/listening endpoint and not a queuing depth of outstanding,
> unaccepted/rejected connections in the CMA.

We could view it this way, where the backlog is simply a listening attribute.  I
was wanting to enforce some sort of limit on the number of events queued in the
kernel for a single client, however, which is what it is being used for now.