[openib-general] rdma_listen() backlog parameter

Tom Tucker tom at opengridcomputing.com
Wed Nov 16 16:43:03 PST 2005

Sean:

I was just speaking with one of the Mellanox guys at the booth and he
said that there is a parameter that performs a similar function to the
TCP backlog that is set in the MAD message used to advertise the service
point. He couldn't remember the name, but said I should post it to this
group as a question.

So the question is "what is the method used to manage the number of
outstanding, uncompleted connection requests coming in to a single
service point? Is there some parameter you can specify in the MAD
messages used to set up the connection?"

WRT the CMA: I think this parameter is just an attribute of the
service/listening endpoint and not a queuing depth of outstanding,
unaccepted/rejected connections in the CMA.