[openib-general] rdma_listen() backlog parameter

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Nov 17 11:18:30 PST 2005

Steve Wise wrote:
> By the way, this listen backlog for an iwarp rnic is actually the
> backlog of outstanding TCP connection requests as opposed to iwarp
> connections.

Giving this more thought, I think there are at least two separate issues.  One
is defining what backlog means from the perspective of the rdma_listen() API.
The userspace and kernel APIs don't doesn't necessarily need to have the same
definition.

The second issue that I see is mapping backlog to underlying CMs.  A single
rdma_listen call can result in separate listen calls to underlying devices.
(Obviously, a simple mapping is to just pass the value down.)