[openib-general] SRP device management client (and a few opensmglitches)

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Thu Nov 17 20:50:39 PST 2005

    Hal> It's not LocalPortNum. I don't see any easy way to query all
    Hal> port 2s in the network as for HCAs and routers the PortNum
    Hal> component is reserved (and you need to supply port
    Hal> LID). Doing that would only get you all the switch port
    Hal> 2s. Perhaps the spec should be amended if this is useful. If
    Hal> the spec were amended like this, you would get all the port
    Hal> 2s in the network and would then need to determine whether
    Hal> they were on a switch on xCA. Do you think this is useful ?
    Hal> Shall I file a comment on this ?  We need to move fast to get
    Hal> this into 1.2 errata.

I think there are two comments that I would file against the spec:

 - LocalPortNum for SA PortInfoRecord queries is not well defined.  It
 doesn't make sense to me that it should be whichever port the SM
 happened to discover a switch through, since that could change
 essentially at random if a switch is multiply connected to the fabric.

 - It would be nice to be able to do an SA GetTable() query to get all
 PortInfo records with the IsDeviceManagement bit set in the
 capability mask (that's what I'm really after in this case).  As it
 stands now, all that it is possible to do is to set the component
 mask so that all ports with an exact match for the full capability
 mask field are returned, and that's pretty useless.

 - R.