[openib-general] Re: userspace physical memory

yipee yipeeyipeeyipeeyipee at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 02:07:32 PST 2005

Grant Grundler <iod00d <at> hp.com> writes:

[snip]

> If you explained better what you are tring to do, then maybe more
> experienced folks can advise if that's a good or bad idea.

ok,

I work on some code in a closed linux environment that requires the ability to
rdma data to/from every address of the available physical memory.
This linux environment is not general purpose and very specialized. We have
total control of the IO & CPU operations, so it is safe for us to have this
physical memory registration.

thanks,