[openib-general] rtr & post_recv

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Mon Nov 28 09:10:14 PST 2005

    yipee> Hi, When connecting two reliable-connection qp's should I
    yipee> post receive buffers (using ibv_post_recv()) before
    yipee> modifying the qp's state to rtr (with ibv_modify_qp()) ? Or
    yipee> should I first modify the qp and then post the buffers?

It should work fine to post receives when the QP is in the INIT state.

    yipee> I've stumbled across a problem that on some HCAs I must
    yipee> first do ibv_modify_qp() and then do ibv_post_recv() (a) or
    yipee> otherwise the connection never passes data sent with
    yipee> ibv_post_send() (b).

What do you mean by "some HCAs"?  Can you give details about which
HCAs it works with and which it doesn't?

 - R.