[openib-general] Re: rtr & post_recv

yipee yipeeyipeeyipeeyipee at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 11:48:45 PST 2005

Roland Dreier <rolandd <at> cisco.com> writes:

[snip]
> It should work fine to post receives when the QP is in the INIT state.

That's what I thought too. I even think that it's preferable to do post_recv()
before the state change to RTR, because the qp might (try to) receive packets a
moment after the state change.

[snip]

> What do you mean by "some HCAs"?

On DDR memfree HCAs everything works as expected (i.e. the order of two the
calls doesn't matter).
When running this code on older SDR HCAs the problem appears.
All links use a DDR switch.

> Can you give details about which HCAs it works with and which it doesn't?

These HCAs are Mellanox HCAs (I.e. not topspin or voltaire).
I don't remember the exact revision of the HCAs and I'm not at work now,
tommorow I can post here the output from 'lspci' or the firmware revisions.
I do remember that the DDR guid has 0x0400 (or 0x0040) in its second word,
one SDR guid has 0x0200 and the other SDR guid has 0x0000 in its second word.

thanks,