[swg] RE: [openib-general] socket based connectionmodel for IB proposal -round 4

Kanevsky, Arkady Arkady.Kanevsky at netapp.com
Tue Nov 29 14:32:51 PST 2005

Sean,
SWG discussed today the extending private data format proposal to
SIDR_REQ.
The group does not see the need for it since ULP is no RDMA aware.
That is ULP does not use RDMA operations.
Do you have some specific ULP in mind for this functionality?
For UDP a different IP address can be used for each message. There is no
persistent connection.

Arkady

Arkady Kanevsky                       email: arkady at netapp.com
Network Appliance Inc.               phone: 781-768-5395
275 Totten Pond Rd.                  Fax: 781-895-1195
Waltham, MA 02451-2010          central phone: 781-768-5300