[swg] RE: [openib-general] socket based connectionmodel for IBproposal -round 4

Yaron Haviv yaronh at voltaire.com
Tue Nov 29 19:08:48 PST 2005

QP.

Sean,

How about using ARP to get from IP to DGID+Partition
Followed by an SIDR to map DGID+PKey+Service to QKey & QP

It is the same concept as CMA that first uses IP stack (ARP etc') to get
to the remote end-point (in that case GID+PKey combination) followed by
SA-PR and CM REQ, we just substitute the CM REQ with a SIDR REQ
It may not solve all the cases but probably most of the practical ones

Anyway the packets will need to carry some header (since it's not a
connected model), you can add more stuff in that header (e.g. can use
IPoIB header as is which contains already the src/dst IP)

Yaron