[openib-general] [RFC] IB address translation using ARP

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Oct 7 09:40:04 PDT 2005

>It would be best to define a CM architecture that enabled communication
>between like endpoints and avoid the gateway dilemma. Let the gateway
>provider work out such issues as there are many requirements already
>on each side of these interconnects.

I've given this some more thought since the original postings and agree with
you.  It doesn't seem right to me to have the CM establish a connection to
something that is not the specified destination, under the assumption that
whatever is being connected to is a gateway.  I think it would be better for the
application to determine that the actual destination is on a different subnet,
locate the gateway, and issue a connection request to the gateway.