[openib-general] InfiniPath driver announcement

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Wed Oct 12 13:53:18 PDT 2005

    Roland> I'm still seeing some problems with the SM bringing up the
    Roland> port, which I'll start debugging now.

    Robert> Huh.  Works OK for us.  Any more news on this one?

It's intermittent for me.  It started working after I added some
debugging prints.  The failure mode was that when the SM sent a Set of
PortInfo to bring the port to ACTIVE, the ipath driver timed out after
5 seconds of waiting for its local set of port state.

    Robert> :-) Probably not for this release, but I do feel your
    Robert> pain.  We're about to do a new software release here, so I
    Robert> can't make any cosmetic change any more, just functional
    Robert> (like the above.)

OK, no hurry.  It's going to be a requirement for an upstream merge,
though.

BTW, I've found a bunch of bugs in the uverbs changes I made.  I'll
post new patches once I have it working here.

 - R.