[openib-general] statically linked userspace program failure

yipee yipeeyipeeyipeeyipee at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 02:43:15 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to create a small statically-linked program that uses the various
uverbs interfaces. Unfortunately I'm having some problems with libibverbs.a.

Function init_drivers() outputs the message:
libibverbs: Warning: no userspace device-specific driver found for uverbs0
        driver search path: /usr/local/lib/infiniband

Even though I statically compiled the program it is still looking for shared
libraries in /usr/local/lib/infiniband and returns me an empty device list.

It seems like the 'driver_list' list remains empty because load_driver() is only
called once with NULL.
Consequently init_drivers() never does a dlist_push(device_list, dev) so
'device_list' remains empty and ibverbs_init() returns an empty device list to
my program.

Any comments?
Am I doing something wrong?
How can I fix this problem?