[openib-general] statically linked userspace program failure

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Oct 17 05:17:27 PDT 2005

Quoting yipee <yipeeyipeeyipeeyipee at yahoo.com>:
> Subject: [openib-general] statically linked userspace program failure
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create a small statically-linked program that uses the
> various
> uverbs interfaces. Unfortunately I'm having some problems with
> libibverbs.a.

libibverbs currently looks symbol openib_driver_init.
You need to export that from your program, and if you do
it hook to that before scanning the plugin directory /usr/local/lib/infiniband

First, build mthca with --enable-static.
This will produce mthca.a in /usr/local/lib/infiniband

Now, link your program with this library, adding flags
-rdynamic -u openib_driver_init

Here's a link to discussion on this topic in the archives

See this message:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.openib/11977

In this thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.openib/11283