[openib-general] Cray XD1 and OpenSM.. (ignoreing certain guids?)

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon Oct 17 06:16:24 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 20:22, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> >It's more than that: in addition to the IB hardware/driver difference,
> >it will need to be ported from Linux to whatever Cray OS is.
> >

> The Cray XD1 is actually running Linux.. I've even managed to build and
> boot my own kernel on one. They are actually using a derivative of the
> OpenIB SDP code that has been ported to what they call "RapidArray",
> which is infiniband at the wire-protocol level. They don't implement any
> of the higher level stuff (like, obviously,  SMA)
>

> >>And if there's a
> >>'soft-sma'  available, could it be made to work on pathscale cards as well?
> >>

> >PathScale has an soft SMA for their HCAs already (for Linux at least).
> >
> >-- Hal
> >

> I'm going to take a look at pathscale's sma when I get a chance. (which
> in reality probably won't be until after SC)

Here is a quick spec:

SMA (for HCA device)
Get NodeInfo
Get NodeDescription
Get/Set PortInfo
Get/Set P_KeyTable (OpenSM only currently gets the P_KeyTable)

Get/Set SLtoVLMappingTable (OpenSM does not get or set the
SLtoVLMappingTable currently)
Get/Set VLArbitrationTable if supported in IB device  (OpenSM does not
currently get or set VLArbitrationTable)
Get/Set GUIDInfo (OpenSM does not get or set GUIDInfo currently)

The bulk of the work is in PortInfo support.

Also, you might want to implement PMA as well:
Get/Set PortCounters
Get/Set PortSamplesControl
Get PortSamplesResult
Get ClassPortInfo