[openib-general] Strange output when calling ibv_poll_cq function

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Tue Oct 18 09:19:29 PDT 2005

    > When calling the ibv_poll_cq() function I get the following printed to standard output:

    >   [ 0]   00620406
    >   [ 4]   15000000
    >   [ 8]   02000000
    >   [ c]   00040000
    >   [10]  04330000
    >   [14]  00000000
    >   [18]  00000002
    >   [1c]  fe100000

    > The output is not exactly the same each time. The indexes in
    > square brackets are the same, but the eight digit number field
    > changes (though not much).

This is some old debugging code from libmthca, which dumps some
hardware-format data every time a completion with error is polled.
I've changed it so that these dumps only occur for errors that are
likely to indicate a driver bug.

However, reading the completion contents, I see that it is a receive
completion with status "local protection error."  So something is
wrong with the receive request you posted -- the address is out of
bounds, you used the wrong L_Key, or something like that.

    > Also, the data I'm sending does not arrive (though this could be
    > some other problem with my app). I'm using svn 3470 on x86_64
    > platform.

Not surprising: your receive work request is completing unsuccessfully.

 - R.