[openib-general] Support for UC connections using the CM API?

Steven Wooding sinate at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 07:59:04 PDT 2005

Hi there,

I was wondering whether the CM API currently (I'm currently using svn 3470) supports establishing UC connections? I have the RC transport type working fine using the CM.

I've found that somewhere between me sending and receiving the REQ message, the qp_type variable changes from UC to RC (3 to 2). I've checked the value just before the user-space call ib_cm_send_req() and just after receiving the CM event that contains the REQ, so I believe I've ruled out a bug in my app. So this must mean it is switched some where in kernel space driver.

I had a quick look in the kernel space code, but I'm not really sure what's going on. Could be a bug is either cm_req_get_qp_type() or cm_req_set_qp_type() in cm_msgs.h.

Anyway, perhaps you could confirm whether the CM supports UC and if so, look in to this possible bug.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Steve.