[openib-general] Support for UC connections using the CM API?

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Oct 19 09:42:59 PDT 2005

Steven Wooding wrote:
> I was wondering whether the CM API currently (I'm currently using svn
> 3470) supports establishing UC connections? I have the RC transport type
> working fine using the CM.

Unless there's a bug, nothing in the CM should prevent UC from working.

> I had a quick look in the kernel space code, but I'm not really sure
> what's going on. Could be a bug is either cm_req_get_qp_type() or
> cm_req_set_qp_type() in cm_msgs.h.

I checked the kernel code, and I didn't see any obvious issues there.

> Anyway, perhaps you could confirm whether the CM supports UC and if so,
> look in to this possible bug.

I'll look into this more.  If you have time, you could change cmpost and ucmpost
to use UC and run those.  This would help narrow down if the issue is in the
kernel, userspace, or the application.  (I'm testing some MAD changes, and will
try this myself once I'm done testing.)