[openib-general] [RFC] OpenSM Interactive Console

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Wed Oct 19 18:23:05 PDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 03:10:31PM -0400, Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> Currently, OpenSM does not support an interactive console. There has
> been a desire to introduce the ability to change certain parameters (as
> well as display things) once OpenSM has started. This patch introduces
> the first most basic commands: help and loglevel. I am investgating
> adding smpriority to this. The console is invoked by specifying -console
> as an option on the opensm command line.
>
> If you have a request for a command you would like in the console, I
> would like to compile a list of these.
>
> Comments ?

As well as a console, I'd like an API for some way for external programs
(say a cluster queue manager) to be able to query the SM (or the sm + some
helper library) for the following things:

* Topology
* guid/lid/IPoIB address/switch port mappings
* link state

Future neat things to do:

* An interface to dynamically partition the fabric
* Register for notifications for certain events (excessive traffic
		queueing, or error counts)