[dat-discussions] RE: [openib-general] Re: iWARP emulationprotocol

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Oct 20 08:51:02 PDT 2005

Kanevsky, Arkady wrote:
> I will update the proposal for IBTA based on this feedback
> and all other feedback posted.
> I will still separate private data usage proposal
> and port mapping one.

Again, I think that these should be in the same proposal.  The CM REQ carries
the IB transport layer address.  The goal here is to map another transport layer
address to the IB one.  The source port is included in the private data.  By not
including the destination port, there's an assumption that it's provided
somewhere else in the CM REQ.  We should either make this explicit, or put the
destination port in the private data as well.