[openib-general] Re: [swg] Re: private data...

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Thu Oct 20 10:34:16 PDT 2005

While I agree with you, the issue at hand is that DAPL tries to do both -
providing IP semantics to the application *and* 64-bytes of private data.  While
the IBTA may use a reserved bit to differentiate native IB or IP-enhanced
connection establishment MADs, if DAPL is to use this feature then DAPL clients
will lose some of their private data.  This gets us back to how to handle DAPL
clients that depend on the full 64 bytes of private data and how to support
them, which is a DAPL issue IMO and not an IBTA issue.  The IBTA should do
what's right for IB independently of DAPL, and define a proper IP-enhanced CM
protocol.

- Fab