[openib-general] Re: [swg] Re: private data...

Kanevsky, Arkady Arkady.Kanevsky at netapp.com
Thu Oct 20 10:50:20 PDT 2005

Fab,
you are correct.
But this is DAPL issue not IBTA.
As long IBTA defines support for current CM with full private data
and enhanced semantic CM with reduced private data but socket addressing
model
support and OpenIB
expose access to both of them the rest is DAPL issue.
OpenIB will not have any backwards compatibility issue
because this is the first version of DAPL they will support.
But, of course, it will be nice if can support apps written
to current version of DAPL.

Arkady Kanevsky                       email: arkady at netapp.com
Network Appliance                     phone: 781-768-5395
375 Totten Pond Rd.                  Fax: 781-895-1195
Waltham, MA 02451-2010          central phone: 781-768-5300