[openib-general] rdma_bind_addr question

Tom Tucker tom at opengridcomputing.com
Thu Oct 20 12:45:01 PDT 2005

Sean:

I'm looking at the CMA code from the perspective of adding iWARP support
and there may be an issue relative to identifying the transport given a
net_device ptr. For example, rdma_bind_addr calls ib_translate_addr
which in turn calls ip_dev_find to map an IP address to a net_device
ptr.

Right now the code (ib_translate_addr) seems to assume that the device
is for an IPoIB device. Going forward, how do we know whether the
underlying net_device is for an IPoIB device, an iWARP device, or a dumb
Ethernet device?

For the first two, we will take one of two paths in the CMA, for the
dumb Ethernet device I presume we will return an error.

Ideas?

Tom