[openib-general] Re: rdma_bind_addr question

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Fri Oct 21 07:47:35 PDT 2005

I think we can simplify this without changing the format of how the IPoIB
mac addr is stored.

assume the IPoIB netdevs have type ARPHRD_INFINIBAND, and iWARP netdevs are
type ARPHRD_ETHERNET.

The CMA would search only the IWARP openib devices and compare the 6 byte
MAC address if the netdev type is ETHERNET, and search only the IB openib
devices matching on the full 20 byte IPoIB mac addr.  Doing this removes the
possibility that a 6 byte ethernet mac addr accidentally matches the first 6
bytes of the IPoIB mac addr...

Steve.